This is the review of the book Arduino Android Blueprints that I recently read. Before we get into the review please read the following disclaimer.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of the book by the publisher for me to review it. There was no condition that the review should be only positive and I didn’t receive any payment for the review. So I am just writing what I felt about the book after reading it.
Arduino IDE branch 1.5.x has become more stable these days, even though it is still technically in beta. Support for all the new boards are getting added only to v1.5.x and that’s why we decided to start focusing on adding support for Arduino 1.5.x to the Arduino Makefile after the v1.3.3 release.
One of the major contributors to the project @sej7278 is currently working on it and has already created a WIP (Work In Progress) branch. It currently works for the basic boards and we are still working on adding full support for Arduino 1.5.x and we need help.
In particular we need help for the following
Testing the makefile with sam based boards
Testing the makefile with boards that occurs inside menus
Testing the makefile in Windows
If you can help us test one of the above, then kindly download @sej7278’s branch and document your findings in this github issue. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions or suggestions regarding this. I will also be posting updates about the progress in this blog as we progress along.
After that we have made 5 releases and have added lot of cool new features and the current version of the project is 1.3.3. In this post, I will try to mention most of the new features and bug fixes that we have made and going forward, I will try to write a separate blog post for each release.
The following are some of the major new features that were added in between 1.1.0 and 1.3.3.
The difference between git checkout and package install is completely removed.
Arduino Makefile fully works with Windows (through cygwin)