I am conducting an Arduino workshop which consists of hands-on sessions, where you can learn about Arduino and then use that knowledge to build a fully autonomously bot from scratch. Check out the course contents below and let me know if you have any questions.
The following are the list of topics that will be covered in the workshop.
- Brief introduction to robotics
- Basic concepts
- Getting to know the contents of the kit
- Introduction about Arduino
- Why Arduino
- What is Arduino
- Setting up Arduino Environment (if not already done)
- Writing and uploading sketches to Arduino
- Using external libraries
- Controlling external devices using Arduino
- Introduction to batteries
- Introduction about Motors
- DC Motors
- Stepper Motors
- Controlling DC motors using Arduino
- H Bridge
- How it works
- Setting up H bridge
- Assembling the bot
- Writing Arduino code to control the H Bridge
- Making your bot move
- Controlling its direction
- Adding additional logic to steer the bot
- Introduction to IR
- How IR works
- Interfacing IR with Arduino
- Using IR to detect obstacles
- Teaching the bot how to avoid obstacles
- Optional Topics
- Making the bot follow a line
- Replacing batteries with solar panels
- Future ideas
- Replacing IR with Ultrasound
- Controlling bots using Android phones
- Making it fully autonomous
Who should attend?
All sessions will be hands on. So anyone who wants to build a small moving bot using Arduino can attend. Basic understanding of C programming and Arduino would be a plus.
The following are the contents of the robot kit that you will be provided to you as part of the workshop.
- Arduino UNO
- USB to Serial cable
- 12V Led acid rechargeable battery
- Battery charger
- Arduino Motor Shield
- 4 IR Sensor boards
- 2 6V DC motors
- Full robot components (2 wheels, body frame and front support wheel)
- Screws, Bolts & Screw driver
- LED, Light sensors, resistors, jumper wires etc
The following are the slides that I have used for my previous workshop.
You can find most of the code that I use for my workshop at github.
Fees structure and registration
The fees structure and registration process are available at sysplay’s workshop page.
SysPlay eLearning Academy for You
1st Floor, Shiva Parvathi Nilaya, 14th Cross
(Opp. Amma Bakery, Near Gayathri Temple)
Gayathri Layout, Basavanpura Main Road
Krishna Raj Puram (K R Puram)
Bangalore – 560036
Photos from previous workshops
Some testimonials from previous workshops.
Superb Workshop with Ardiuno…
Everything. Friendly environment. grt knowledge.
Very Good and informative
Pingback: Hands on Arduino Workshop - Night Dreaming (by Sudar)
Pingback: Capabilities of Arduino | Hardware Fun
Pingback: Using WebSockets with Android to control Arduino robots - Night Dreaming (by Sudar)
Pingback: Looking back at 2012 - Night Dreaming (by Sudar)
Pingback: Arduino Robotics workshop – second batch | Hardware Fun
sir will you please send me full ckt dia.,code, and related data of the robot u have designed in your workshop.
waitinh for your reply…
please notify me when the next course is planned
Thanks for the interest in my course.
I will notify you when I plan for a new course.
Please let me know when next workshop starts, I would like to join the same
Sure Shiby, will let you know about it.
Please let me know when is your next work shop as my son wants to attend.
I am currently taking a break from the workshops. Will let you know if when I restart them.
I have a keen interest too, please let me know when you resume.
Want to attend class ..
Could you tell about your next workshops, and that place.